Friday, March 30, 2012

Portrait of an Unhappy Warp

The leaves are out so goodbye decent lighting!
I've worked a lot in merino. I definitely know the properties of merino a lot better then I know the Homestead Strike of 1892, and I wrote my thesis on that strike. So it's rather shameful that this little etude into my familiar medium is going so badly.

A few of the errors.


This warp does not want to be happening. I'm not sure why. Or rather I have about twenty theories and it's probably about 5% each one of those theories. Suffice to say, something, or maybe everything, is just a little bit off in this warp. So everything is breaking. I'm two feet in and I've replaced half a dozen threads.

Le Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't find a better place to put this...

    No sooner did i get home, recover from sleep deprivation, and get my stuff put away , but i started thinking about the need to email my jenny-girl. Except: no card. Anywhere. I have a sneaking suspicion that i might've lost the card in my ride's car, or maybe the tow truck or the train (that's another story).
    Feel free to delete this comment as soon as you've read it; i just figured that in the absence of your email, i'd give you mine: stitchedwithcolor at gmail. C'est moi, dest/jess(ie)/etc., little dragon beadweaver from Gathering. Give me a poke if you get this; if not, i'll check with some of the other folks i know in BYM and see if they can put me back in contact with you.
    I hope everything's going at least as well as usual, and that your train home was uneventful. :)

    ReplyDelete