Monday, November 28, 2011

Orange you glad

The Quest to Not be Shot Continues Apace.

Believe it or not, photographing neon orange in bad interior lighting is difficult. The weaving at least is very easy. The treadling is a simple 121, 343. The new-to-me fly shuttles hold enough doubled thread for ten inches or so. Given that the piece is twice as wide as my scarves, and the thread twice as thick, this means they're holding about four times as much thread as the boat shuttles I have.

The pin marks twenty inches.
Among the many things this orange clashes with is my loom. Makes the poor Standard look positive jaundiced. I did a bit of a red border at the hem. I'm not sure if I like it beyond sartorially - haha, blood red on the hunter's scarf. I'll see how I like it off the loom before deciding to cut it off or not. I'd hate to have doe all that hemstitching just to cut it off though.

No comments:

Post a Comment